Friday, May 23, 2008

Nooooooooooooo!

I'm up early. I had a bad dream. I feel the need for a fuzzy blanket and some hot chocolate. With marshmallows please.

I was driving somewhere with Kathy in her old Toyota with the crazy seatbelts. You know, the kind with the shoulder straps that fly out of nowhere and capture you when the car is started. We came to a huge, arching bridge and were started up one side of it. Watching the road ahead, I looked in horror as the pavement disappeared and there were only metal supports to drive on. We were going too fast to stop and there was a long line of cars on our tail so Kathy kept driving until, moments later, the car went off the side. The car spiraled, flipped over, and at last hit the water below. Kathy morphed into a different lady. A lady who told me not to worry because she was the gold medalist for the Canadian diving team at the 1988 Olympics (did they even have a 1988 summer Olympics?). She pulled me out of the car and we swam to the shore none the worse for our ordeal.

Then it hit me. Like a punch in the stomach.

My cameras! They were both...gasp...in...can't breath....the......car. Nooooooo!

Remind me never again to go to bed bewailing the fact that I have no new-newborn photos of either Emmy or Addie. It's hazardous to subconscious perspective.

9 comments:

  1. Hate those car off the bridge dreams. Though I haven't had one in at least 15 years. Except I drowned in those instead of my cameras. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, poor you. The pics you have of the girls are nice, very nice compared to what we have of us when we were babies, never mind newborn!-tam

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries, I was over it before I posted. Have to laugh at the misplaced priorities.

    Tam, don't get me wrong, I like the other ones, but I wish I had some snapshots at the hospital for them to look at too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Amanda you look gorgeous when your pregnant!!! You probably don't feel it though:(
    Hey, you dreamin about me? Well, if it is I'm glad you still think of me but sorry it's such a nasty dream! You know I still love that car.....
    Look forward to seeing the little one when he makes his entrance:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. didnt Annie take some newborn ones of Addie? i know i saw them on her old family blog way back when. or you mean nice snaps by you? we did have snaps of emmy too, remember the out of focus one where she is smiling at you in her preemie glory?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya, Ann did, but it wasn't right after she was born like the ones I have of Joshy. And I think the one of Em smiling was when she was a day or two old. I don't think they let me hold her at all the first day. Do you remember?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ya, you are right, that one is from the 26th, but i did find that a ton of others were taken on the day that she was born. i'll email you one. i think the time is noted correctly in the properties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ironically, I met the 1988 Canadian gold medalist for synchro swimming (she's a Montrealer). Maybe you dreamt about her. Who needs six degrees of separation, that's only three!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive