Saturday, May 31, 2008

5 days new


5 days new, originally uploaded by iamaprice(Amanda).

It was not a good day for photos. Dark, rainy, muggy. I wanted so badly to get some curled up shots of him before his legs have to be casted on Monday. I had a plan! I had a vision! Mr. Man had other ideas though and refused to sleep for more than 5 minutes. I broke down in tears of frustration several times. I can photograph other people's babies, why can't I photograph mine?!

I was done. Through. Throwing in the towel. But...I had the basket all ready and waiting so I put in a last ditch effort. Again - a wall. My 50mm is just too short for this itty bitty space. I pulled out my trusted old point and shoot.

At last.

This.

It wasn't such a bad day after all. :)

3 comments:

  1. Great Picture Amanda....I hope your hormones behave...I saw all the old Dog Showing crowd yesterday, and they always ask about you...surprising how much everyone is looking older but me...he, he...I probably look older to them too...Doralynne got to meet Golden Checkmate's Service Family....it was so cute, all three kids calling from the ringside, Go Reggie Go...you can tell that their Dad is a Sports Supervisor (some other official name)..they are ages 5, 7 and 9...made me think of how most folks try to get the family who the dog lives with to hide...so the dog does not see his beloved people and be distracted... I went with the moment, and thought instead how wonderful that his kids are cheering him on, and he was so happy, tail up and moving nicely...and the First Blue Bible Marker Ribbon was passed on to eager young hands...I got to hold some Borzois for a friend that we as a family prayed for her salvation back in 1991, and what a treat all these years later to hear her confession of love for the Lord; and of how she hopes her children will grow up to love God as mine do...Anyway a great day, though the calf that had slowed up my show preparations over the last three days, did not make it...John phoned me with that news, when I was on my way home.

    As I drove I wondered how I ever had the energy to take five little girls and their pooches along to show on those long road trips..and though I no longer have the helping hands I did have back then, I thought of how Good God has been to me, for I am learing to enjoy Him more and the things that He has graced me with...

    Thanks Amanda for putting up more pictures of little Walt, he is so handsome..I check your site a couple times a day to see if you have new ones up..

    love ya,
    xo

    ~m~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure know how to work that point and shoot! Amazing capture.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive