Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Blogs, blogs, and more blogs!

I had a rather relaxing evening tonight. I had planned to do more with myself, but Joshy crashed early so I sat down at the laptop for a 5 minute break (ha!) and that was the end of it. Whoosh! Hours. Gone. I played connect the blogs and ran the emotional gauntlet. Some were funny, some thought-provoking, and some gave me a sick feeling; a desperate desire to reach out and rescue. It seems that the cool thing for today's young people is to be as depressed and suicidal as possible. There's no such thing as a "freak" anymore unless you're the kid who is respectful to your parents and pretty clean cut. Being as outrageous as possible in looks and action is the new normal. Homosexuality is embraced--bisexuality is hot! There's so much emptiness and searching. God help us to shine some light and make our feeble attempts to minister effectual!
I'm still a bit stiff at expressing myself this way. I sit down to type and my self-consciousness freezes my brain. I aspire to boldly blog like Amy or Cheryl, with the same clarity of thought and engaging wit. Maybe one day. In the meantime, check out Ben and John's blogs too. Edifying thoughts abound. :)

3 comments:

  1. Stiff? It better not be stiff! I'm looking forward to keeping up on your blog.

    At least your entries aren't two and three pages if you print them out! :) I've learned people don't read those, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read them! I don't think I could post all of the controversial stuff that you do though. Not that I don't enjoy a good debate. I just don't have necessary time that it would take to defend my position. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. go mr. putzy:-D(about the two-three page thing)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive