Wednesday, February 09, 2005

...at the end of the day, you just have to say, "It's alright".

Well another great day! Nothing spectacular happened but I've been trying to discipline myself to meditate on the promises of God rather than letting my mind wander off in worry about all of things that are not in my control. Someone once said something like: "Be careful what you think and say. What you tell yourself will have a profound effect on who you become." True or false? I'll reserve my opinion for the next post.

I've gotta get to bed. I have a midwife appointment in the morning. Just the usual blood pressure/pee in this cup stuff. I knew I had a reason to live!

3 comments:

  1. I would say it's true, our minds have very powerful affects on what we do. If we tell ourselves we're stupid long enough we'll believe it, and that will affect how we act around other ppl. Although it's hard to keep a careful balance as when the world says that, it typically says to tell yourself that you are the best, and great and perfect no matter who you are..and that will make you feel better (but we shouldn't really feel better if the root isn't fixed..the root being our sin). But as Christians I guess there are some quilifiers that go with that kinda talk. As far as saying it's is Christ who has made us able to will and to do of his good pleasure. Through him we can do all things..and we are to be optimistic in where we are in life..that that is exactly where we're supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of the Promises of God... you ever read William Spurstowe's "The Wells of Salvation Opened"?

    I think it would have a synergistic effect on your meditations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read that one. Wanna loan it to me? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive