Sunday, February 17, 2008

I want to remember this:

“You sow a thought, you reap a deed.
You sow a deed, you reap a habit.
You sow a habit, you reap a character.”

I found it in my blog wanderings tonight. I'm not sure where it originated.

I haven't done five things for awhile. Sometimes it's due to a lack of time. Sometimes it's because you don't want to know what's going on in this head of mine. Sometimes it's because I feel that it's not worth the effort to try to come up with five things that won't hurt, offend, cause suspicion, or otherwise get me into trouble with any number of people. :> Sometimes it's pride; the fear that you all will be confirmed in your opinion that I am in fact a mindless ignoramous.

Regardless, I am in the mood to be open, so here are five very dull, very random things:

1. I miss you all. You know who you are. You who love me enough to keep visiting here to check my pulse. I think of you and pray for you often. Wherever God takes us, I will always be thankful that He brought you into my life.

2. My kids are so beautiful and kind to me. I've been getting that familiar bone-tiredness that knocks the wind out of me after I eat a meal. It has begun around the 26th or 27th week of each of my pregnancies. Today, I had to lie down after breakfast and I konked out immediately. Joshy noticed, and I soon felt him lift my head to put a pillow under it and the warmth of his favourite fuzzy blanket (the white polar bear one you sent down, Mom) on my cold feet. Then he leaned over me, kissed my forehead and whispered, "There now, sweetie. I will take good care of you." Or this morning when I stumbled and rammed my ankle bone on the metal frame of the trundle bed that the girls share, Emmy immediately came, sat at my feet, tenderly stroked my aching leg, and sang "Da Waaard's my sheeeepherd..." until the throbbing stopped. They are such blessings. I pray that God will let me keep them for a long time.

3. I have indigestion.

Did I not say random? haha Yes. Indigestion, and not a drop of milk to be found. That is why I'm still vertical at this hour.

4. This music feeds my soul. My kids love it too. The songs have occasioned many a discussion and learning time, especially for Joshy who listens intently to the lyrics and wants to know who the song is about and where he can find it in his bible. I love music and I want my kids to grow up with an appreciation for it. Time and memory, those quickly slipping things, are precious resources not to be squandered. Thankful I am that there are musicians out there using their God-given gifts to produce something edifying.

5. I know I had a five when I sat down here a half hour ago. It seems, however, to have been smothered by tiredness. Oh well.

8 comments:

  1. poor you! I've been hit by the tiredness too...the official real thing.
    are you working again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really. Just on request. It doesn't consume my whole life that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, thats so nice to have little comforters. i love jamie's music too. i am going to get a fan base together to import him for a conference, sometime or other.

    thanks for the post. i think i need to blog too. but not tonight, i am sewing. well, after i checked your blog. :D

    night, i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Certainly miss you too:( but it's always so nice to visit your blog and watch your children growing up!!! They're beautiful! and looking forward to seeing your next.... not long from now is that not correct?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, those weren't dull in the least. :D Thanks for sharing, your kids warm my little auntie heart. :)

    Love ya,

    Jode

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love you girls and miss you too! You must call me. I'm not taking naps with the kids until I'm done editing for the K family.

    Kathy, I'm due May 20th, give or take. I hope my lens doesn't konk out on me right before he/she is born like it did with Adeline. haha That was a keen sort of torment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I don't write much, but I thought I'd let you know you're still in my thoughts. You're kids are adorable and I like being able to watch them grow up. It happens so fast. I hope your move goes well. Don't let your worries overwhelm you. It's not good for you or the baby. Trust the Lord, and He will care for you.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got your email for Rachel. I check in on you too. We love and miss you very much. I enjoyed reading this post - and always enjoy seeing pics of the kidlets. They grow up so fast. I wish I had you here to take pics for me too. Rachel is my camera person. If it weren't for her we'd have no photos to speak of. I am a bad mom! :( I sent you a link to my blog - did you get it?

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive