Monday, November 19, 2007

5 for Monday

1. I'm sick as a dog today and feeling quite useless. Only six more months, only six more months, only...

2. I deleted my facebook last night. No big loss since I hardly go there anyway, but I'll miss seeing all of the new pics of the cousins. If anybody's looking for me, you can tell them to come here instead.

3. No pictures today, but I organized my flickr account so you'll be able to see more photos. I recommend the slideshow option at the top of my home page. It's much faster.

4. Only 2 weeks until we move out of here. I don't mind now. With most of my stuff packed up and the resulting move related clutter, this doesn't feel like home anymore. AND, you should see what they did to our favourite park! They took out a bunch of trees and landscaped it. It's all bare and ugly and foreign now. Joshy's "office" is gone. He probably won't remember it, but he sure loved that little spot in the woods.

5. Last night I watched a short documentary about fathers and daughters. It was put out by Vision Forum. It was kinda neat but it made me miss Dad and wish that I'd been more helpful to him while I was at home instead of pursuing my own interests so much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emmy: "You know what, Momma?"

Me: "Not especially."

Emmy: "A baby just started to grow in my tummy right here."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joshy: "Momma, will you please make me a brother so I have somebody fun to beat up?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: "Addie, would you like to go to Auntie Tammy's house?"

Adeline (with an enthusiastic, full-bodied nod): "Yaaaaa!"

She's also learned to sign "more". We're working on "please". She turned 11 months old yesterday. I have to get pictures! haha Any excuse I can find.

2 comments:

  1. awww, all so cute!

    interesting convo with Emmy. your response went something like this "no honey, only after you get married" :) sex ed with a 2 year old has got to be so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered that video, too. Jen said it was really good. I know I'll feel the same way in that there was more that I could have done. But hopefully we can pass this on to the next generation and they won't have as many regrets. I'm terribly sorry about missing your dad. The emotions run higher and deeper being prego. as I can well attest to. It seems to me that you gals helped out a lot.;)
    That's sad about Joshy's "office". It's so hard to make lots of changes at once......even the "SO CALLED" smaller things like the "paving of paridise to put up a parking lot". I have no doubts Joshy will soon be restored to another "office" and will find much pleasure in it.;) I love that you put up conversations with the kids!! Thanks for that! And, man, I forgot about teaching signing. Thanks for the reminder!!:D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive