Friday, July 07, 2006

Well I tried to put a litle video clip up this morning but the code was missing something and I'm a complete dunce when it comes to html. On to other things!

Josh gave me some moolah for Mother's Day so on Wednesday I took the kiddos to the mall to hunt for pregnancy clothing. As you know, clothes shopping is on the list of things that I detest in general, but shopping by myself with my children in tow has been tops on the 'NEVER DO' list for quite some time. I could only picture them touching everything, running through clothing racks, breaking things, crying, whining, fussing, throwing tantrums, and many trips to the nasty public bathroom where there would be more touching everything and the worst - "Joshy! DO NOT put your mouth on that!". Well, I was feeling pretty spry in the morning so I thought I'd venture out inspite of my fears. Other moms do it, right?

We dropped Josh off at work and headed out early. I decided to make a day of it so there would be no rush or pressure, and I made sure to break up the shopping with fun things so the kids wouldn't get too bored and revolt. I'm delighted to report that we had a marhvelous day. :) I even found a few outfits that suited my fancy and *bought* them. haha There goes my excuse for not taking any belly pics yet. Being only 15 weeks along, there isn't much to see yet, but Laura has inspired me to take progressive shots. I have 2 or 3 pics from when I was 30-something weeks pregnant with Joshy but none at all with Emmy. Feeling like an ugly, bloated, fat cow isn't inducement to step out in front of the camera, know what I mean?

Speaking of pregnancy, Kristie (one of Josh's sisters) is about 35 weeks along and we just managed to squeak in some quick maternity shots the night before she left for home. I'll post some later if she lets me. It's funny how we women only see the things that we hate about ourselves. I wish she could see how beautiful she looks to the rest of us!

Edited to add: I meant to post the potential names for the baby this morning. If it's a girl, we're thinking Adeline (pronounced line not leen) for the first name. The middle name is still on the table. If it's a boy, we like Levi Gregory. Feel free to criticize our choices amongst yourselves. :D We do of course, reserve the right to change our minds at any given moment.

7 comments:

  1. Preggers pics are so cute! I agree that it is too bad that women can't see how adorable they look! =) Lovely baby names!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your shopping trip went well, and yay, clothes!!! I expect to see pics soon. ;)

    And very nice names...you're brave to advertise them! ;) I especially like Levi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adeline is nice! I'd like to use Madilyn if we have a girl someday, so don't be naming anyone Maddie!! :D

    I agree with Leah and Ames. Seeing pictures of you pregnant would be lovely! Of course you're so beautifully thin right now! I gained weight nearly as soon as I got a positive test result.
    Maybe see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your input, gals. Brave? haha I think we're past caring what others think. Probably 98% of our friends thought we were morons to name Joshy after Josh. Can you imagine him with any other name now though?

    Laura, no worries. If we have an Adeline, we won't be naming the next one Madilyn. :D As far as weight gain goes, it's not really a fair comparison since I was nursing Emmy for the first trimester. It's hard to pack on the pounds when you have so many demands on your body. Now that she's weaned though, boom! I'm almost afraid to get on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post Manda, glad your shopping went well. :D Doooo post pictures, and if you dare not on here, you have my email addy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I'm so excited that you're pregnant!! :D Glad the shopping trip went well and--yes yes yes yes PLEASE do post pregnancy pics. >:) Very nice baby names, by the way! I really like Adeline especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Lyd. :) I guess I'll give it a whirl this week sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive