Monday, March 31, 2008

From February


From February, originally uploaded by iamaprice(Amanda).

I can't believe how fast the last two months have flown by. When I took this, we'd just begun to pack the house up for our move. We're all settled into our "studio apartment" now and I quite like it. I haven't felt much like taking new photos lately but I no doubt will eventually. All of the packing, moving, and unpacking stuff has just taken the wind out of my sails.

I've found another group of midwives in the area. I can't do a VBAC here at the local hospital unless I come in at the very last second, so the plan is to have the baby at a birthing center 50 minutes away.
I hope I make it.
A few of the CNMs from the center do rotations here in town, so at least I don't have to travel so far for check-ups. My first appointment is tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to it actually. I'm so relieved to have options, even if I do end up having to have another c-section.

In other news, I licensed my first photo last week. I was contacted by a communications agency in Brazil who wanted to use a photo of Addie in Scarlet Stitch duds for a perfume client of theirs. I was holding my breath the whole time, praying it wasn't a scam, but everything worked out marvelously and I learned a lot in the process. I'll try to get a file of the finished ad to post here when it's done so you can see.

I'm nodding off now so it's off to bed for me. I'll try to blog more often now that we're settled and back onto our schedule...well sorta. It's 40 minutes past my bedtime. Do you see the sacrifices I make for you, my dear blog readers??? haha Nite, nite.

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear from you and that you're doing well. How exciting is it to have someone interested in using one of your photo's in a ad!
    Do wish you the best in the delivery of the baby...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited that you posted again! :) I've been checking everyday! Glad to hear that the move went as well as a move can go. :p Please send pictures of your new place!! When is your official due date now? We're planning a trip to Albany the second week in June, so I was hoping to see you, if possible. Lots of Love,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mand,

    nice shot of addie. :) big book.

    thats nice that there are midwives in town now and then. we're praying that it will go smoothly for you, and that you can get there IN TIME!

    Did you get to ask whatshername if i can show the ad on our site?

    maybe i will call tonight? is the phone clear? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Manda,
    Rachel here..Could we set up a time to talk? Whenever I call I never get an answer. :/
    I'm leaving to go to Montana (with the Parelli instructers) at the end of this month, be gone til mid Oct. I'd like to talk to you before I leave, because I don't know if I'll get a chance after I get out there. :)
    Love you!!
    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kathy. It is exciting, and scary. :)

    Kathryn, I'm due May 26th. Can you come out here when you're in the area?? Please, please, pretty please?? I don't think Josh will want me taking long car rides so soon after the baby is born. :(

    Tam, I asked her but she hasn't responded yet. I'll let you know if I hear anything. Call me whenever! If you get through, you get through.

    Hey Rachel! We really need to catch up! I have a new phone number. I'll email it to you.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive