Monday, March 10, 2008

They're mine


They're mine, originally uploaded by iamaprice(Amanda).

I'm so proud. haha

Addie is sleeping at last. 5 quick things and I'm out.

1. I had an ultrasound on Tuesday. Tuesday? Yes...maybe. Whatever.

2. My fav tech was out on maternity leave. :(

3. Her sub had no detectable sense of humor.

4. She was pretty sure that the baby is a boy. Joshy is so excited. He's determined to learn every way to tie a knot because he wants to teach his brother. He thinks we should call him Caleb. We agree. :) Not sure about the middle name yet. We like to leave these things until the last second, then put out a maybe, and then change our minds. It's just to confuse you.

5. The baby is breech and in pretty much the exact spot Addie was. The tech said that he looks to be more about 27 weeks, which isn't shocking. I don't mind avoiding induction. I'm trying not to worry about another c-section since there's lots of time for him to turn, but I dread the possibility, especially in a new hospital with new staff. I have a dreadful time dealing with change and there has been so much of it over the last three years that I am quite overcome sometimes.

6. I guess I have six. There's a chance that the baby may have a club foot. Again, not surprising since I have one myself and some of my relations have semi-clubby feet. It didn't phase me too much when my midwife gave me the report, but I confess, now the thought of having him go through surgery and then the long, long recovery has got me so low. I remember waking up in pain many times as a young child. May dad would come and rub my sore foot and ankle until the throbbing stopped and I could go back to sleep.

I know that if it is so, God has brought it about for a reason, but I do ask that you would keep these things in prayer. I need more strength than I have right now.

7 comments:

  1. aww manda, we are praying for you and your baby, and your WHOLE family. wait on the Lord and he will renew your strength. He will keep your baby, whether in life or death, or in club foot.

    Thanks for the new photos. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear it Amanda:( We will keep all in prayer.
    How spectacular 2 boys and 2 girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Honey;

    Do you know the address yet to send the kidlet stuff to? Tell the kidlets I have their artwork(birthday cards) up on my fridge.
    Also that Clarissa had three baby kittens, when their blue eyes open I'll take some pictures to send. And old Amber had a grullo colt...their picture can be seen at
    http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/grandbars+reed+mccue
    Another boy, well you know me,another boy or girl either way is grande...Change, yes, I can agree with you Amanda, when you look at the list for stressers in your life, our family seems to always have a number of them there.....so take a slow deep breath and try to relax into the Arms of Christ who holds us all....Surgery is so much better these many years later...but hopefully it will not come to that for your wee baby...keep taking your Manna Nutrition. I love you, and hope you can move closer, which would make visiting face to face so much easier.

    xxoo
    ~mom~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun visit!:P:P:P Ha, a boy for you, too?!?!?! I've started looking at our new babyname book ( the old one that has lasted us through 6 is toast so I bought two new ones:P ) but Murray hasn't yet. I have to go through it again with each baby.......things in life change and so do my moods and names that I like.:P And, man, Kennedy isn't sleeping well at all!!! Waaaa-haaaa...I'm like a zomby when I get up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for you too. Each baby is so unique...in challenges and needs. Carly's in breech position now too--Deeder was as well at 27wks but turned just before 30. I hope s/he turns for you--that would be such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying. I know what you mean about change. I was in meltdown this evening, although I internalized most of it. The dairy goat herd is all up for sale. Rachel is moving to Montana for the summer (up near the Canadian border in Whitefish) to work with and learn from the Thompsons (Parelli). I am excited for her, but incredibly overwhelmed at the thought.
    I will be praying for baby to turn. Caleb is an awesome name. I find myself crying over the loss of my Joshua Caleb even after 9 years. But then crying is a great stress reliever.
    I love you and miss you, and wish we could look through God's eyes at the changes we are having to go through so we'd understand how they are the best for us. That is the hard part for me.... finding the faith to believe that what I am struggling with (generically speaking here) is for my best and will bring Him glory. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive