Thursday, July 26, 2007

5 things Thursday

1. I may not get to photos this morning since Adeline went down for an early nap and will likely wake up in a few minutes. We'll see.

2. It's going to be another hot one today. It's almost 80 degrees out there already.

3. Must send the Samaritan packet in! Don't let me forget! haha You see how that works? It's now your fault if I don't get it done.

4. I've been thinking quite a bit about what it means to be in the world, but not of it. Jesus said in John 3:5, "As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." I know we aren't supposed to fit in with the world, but what does that look like in every day life? Do I truly stand apart? Am I really shining out there? How about in my own home with those who watch and hear me when my hair is down? How about when nobody is around? I read a quote once:

"Character is who you are when nobody is looking."

Somebody sent this post for me to consider. It encouraged me and I hope it will do the same for you.

5. I hit a roadblock with Joshy's lessons this morning. He says he doesn't want to learn to read until he's 25. I didn't want to push him since he seemed tired and distracted, so I sent him to bed. School time is a privilege for him. He gets to stay up an extra 20 - 30 minutes if he's willing to give me his best effort. Have any of you moms been through this? Have you got any advice?

1 comment:

  1. I think someone posted that same article on youth or a link to it not long ago on r-f-w group...balance Amanda is the key, balance...having mercy towards those that do not see eye to eye with you, yet having the settled desire to honor the Lord in all that we do.

    I've been praying for Lonna, I surely do hope she can come out of this set back in her health.

    Schooling, I'll comment here on it...Joshy G is only 4 and certainly when little sister starts reading he will be doing so too, you are wise to not push him too much...he is really bright and will quickly comprehend the meaning of what is read...after all that is really what education is about being able to comprehend what is set before you in life.To understand what gifts the Lord has placed within you.To be able to study and understand the world with a God honoring view.

    well it is late here..off to the pillow. I have so much more energy now that I finally have some Mannatech nutrition to take once more...yipee, I even enjoy cleaning...
    niteo

    xx00

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive