Thursday, December 28, 2006

He loves her to bits

A conversation from our first day home:

Joshy (looking at Adeline): "Ooooh! Hi dare, big fella!"

Me: "Joshy, she's a little girl."

Joshy: "Hi dare, litt-o fella!"

Me: "Fella is a word for a boy, Joshy. Can you think of something sweet and girlie?"

Joshy: " Hi dare, Sweet Banana!"

Never a dull moment. :) Today he held her for a bit while I was putting away the mountains of laundry that had seemingly reproduced overnight. He was as happy as a pig in mud. I slipped up and called her "Punkins" as I was lifting her out of his arms, and he was quick to remind me that punkins is Emmy's name. "Ado-wine is our litt-o pwecious Sweet Banana."

8 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I am glad that he loves her. My elder boy was a similar age when the younger one was born, and there was no jealousy at all. He loved him to bit, and indeed the baby loved him - he got all the first smiles, first naming by the baby, you name it. I hope this will happen for your family too, as a close relationship between siblings is a very special thing. (Mind you now that mine are 10 and 6 they scrap all the time! But they still love each other deeply...)

    Adeline is a GORGEOUS girl, and it's a beautiful name that you chose for her. May she bring you a lifetime of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshy sure is a one of a kind kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, that is adorable! Thanks for the pic, Manda, too sweet -- Joshy and his precious little Sweet Banana ;) Glad to hear you're home, and we'll continue to pray for you as you heal up and get into the swing of things with your new Little One. I love you guys soooooooooo much.
    ~~Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, that is so cute. Where did he come up with the banana part anyway, just cuz it's sweet? How is Em getting along Adeline? Thanks for sharing the story, and picture, love ya. :) >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea, Jode. He's just a funny kid. :)

    Em loves Adeline. She loves to give her "tisses" on the head. I have to watch her like a hawk though because she likes to point out eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks, etc. and she's not too gentle with her poking. I haven't been able to get any pics of them together yet. I need Josh to be there to oversee her because my 50 mm is a telephoto lens and I have to back way up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you too, Irene! I'm feeling much better, thanks for praying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joshy is awesome! It is so cute how he pointed out that you were using Emi's nickname with Adeline. I am sure that Adeline will continue to be Sweet Bananas and that you will tell the story for a long time. It is so cool that you are a mommy with three kids now!
    --Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive