Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Love You Forever

It's late. I'm supposed to be in bed already so I won't be posting any pics tonight. I just had to share something sweet. It is a practice in our home to read stories before naptime and bedtime. This summer I found a pile of great children's books at a garage sale and Joshy and I have been making our way through them. I often read the same one for days at a time because he's trying to memorize it. Once he has it down, he'll "wead" it to Em or his baby which is quite amusing to witness.
Anyway, the other night I began reading 'Love You Forever' by Robert Munsch. I admit that I take editorial liberties with most of Joshy's books and this was no exception. Joshy was horrified to see the two year old boy "be-in so sow-fish and makeen big messes for his momma", but that's not the best part. As we got to the part where the son picks up his mother, rocks her, and sings the song to her because she was too old and sick to sing it to him anymore, I glanced over to see my tender-hearted kiddo wiping a tear from his face.

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I love it when kids do such tender-hearted things. It's amazing how conscience they are at such little ages. The other day John tickled me, while I was holding Seth, and I screeched. Seth looked at John and me and immediately started wailing. He thought John was hurting me and his response was to cry. How tender! After he finally calmed down, we re-enacted it again to see if he would have the same response and he did! We just laughed at the poor thing crying because he thought I was in pain! I had to nurse him to calm him down again. Maybe he was just concerned his favorite food supply was at risk. :) But it was precious! I am loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is definately a favorite from childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I remember reading that one at Uncle Dave's. I bet you were loving it when Joshy was getting the message of what a bad boy the kid in the book was being about the mess factor ;D. That is so sweet, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive