Saturday, October 01, 2005

It's been a veeeeery long couple of weeks here in our home. The colds have been battled and but for a remnant tickle on cold nights, we are quite recovered. For those of you who don't know, Emily has had the worst time of all of us due to having broken out in a horrific, raised, red, weeping rash from her face to her belly button, down her arms, on her hands, and in a few patches on her legs. I suspected it was eczema as it runs in both of our families. Sure enough. She is very sensitive to certain foods of which I was eating. I haven't figured out all of them yet, but I've started the process. The first day I cut everything out everything but brown rice, ground beef, and water and she began clearing up immediately. A couple of days later with total and complete *air-headedness* I shared some pineapple with Joshy and she flared up in the middle of the night from it. It took two days to get my very unhappy baby back to the point where she will sleep for longer than 30 minutes at a time. She's still looking tired, she's got a dry red patch under her chin, and the better part of her skin is rather chapped looking, but on the whole there is great improvement, thank the Lord! For any of you readers who suffer with eczema, especially around your eyes, I highly recommend that you try Ultimate Moist unscented hand and body lotion from Aubrey Organics. It's 100% natural and doesn't sting even if you accidentally get it in your eye. I tested it myself before putting it on her. :)  Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. so sorry to read Amanda that little Em has been suffering so....praying that she'll in time grow out of this.

    much love,
    gramma

    XXXXXXXXX
    000000000

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you guys have been suffering so much. Poor Emily! I wish I could have brought you some chicken noodle soup...if you could eat it. How long do you have to keep this different diet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a sweetheart, Holly! No chicken noodle for me though. BUT I can now have chicken! woohoo Yes. And umm...green beans, snow peas, and the very best one yet *cashews*. :D I thought I would go insane without a snack food. As for how long this will last, I don't know. Hopefully not too long! I'm adding one new thing every two days and so far it's working well. Her rash is pretty well gone and her scratch marks are healing nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive