Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Thankful

I've wanted to start a journal to record the many things that I have to thank the Lord for. This aspiration, and ones like it, are often put off indefinitely because I feel that I need to begin on the right page: I need a pretty notebook; I need to rework my schedule so I can squirrel away a half hour a day for such things; I need to do x,y, and z first. I also waffle about whether I should blog my thoughts or keep them to myself. Who am I writing to? or for? Does the world really need one more disjointed mommy blog? Should I use "nursing time" for a higher purpose?

Life is always changing. It will never stand still. The rut that I would dearly love to fall into evades me as I'm constantly whacking the brush away to blaze some new trail. Today I'm going to cease from introspection and type, simply because I don't want to forget - and I do! Once in awhile I look back through old posts and see just how much.

Yesterday I awoke with a headache which, after a long day in town and then several hours in the garden, turned into a migraine. Sleep is elusive when I'm in pain, and on top of that Daniel thought that 3AM would be a good time to greet the day, so I brought him out to the living room to allow Josh to sleep. Eventually Daniel grew bored of cooing at the curtain rod and drifted back to sleep. Exhausted and rather nauseous from the throbbing in my head, I followed suit.

At some point Joshy and Emmy made breakfast for themselves and the younger kids, cleaned the kitchen, swept the floors, and kept the little ones happy and quiet so I could rest. Then they put a not-so-willing toddler down for her nap and went out to weed and water the gardens and do some cleaning in one of the sheds.

Surprise is not what I feel, after all they are being trained for a life of service; no, it is deep gratitude for the loving way they accomplished all of these things. How blessed I am to be their mother!



1 comment:

Blog Archive