Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Monkey hear, Monkey say

Emmy: "Momma, can we go to 'Pine in a Sky'?"

Me: "You mean 'Pie in the Sky'?" (It's a great local ice cream place)

Emmy: "Yep!"

Me: "I don't know, Sweetie, probably not."

Emmy: "Dat's not the apwopweate ansoo (That't not the appropriate answer). You say "Yes!" and den I wiw say "Oh thanks, Mom!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Addie pointing to a photo of Joshy that I took when he was two: "Beebee!"

Me: "That's not a baby, that's Joshy."

Addie insistently: "Baaaaybee!"

Me: "No, Joshy was two there. He was older than you are now, luv."

Addie: "BAAYBEE!" *Stomps foot* "Yunnerstan me?!" (Do you understand me?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How has it come to this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive