Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sore Froat

Joshy had a scratchy throat tonight. I hope it's just from all of the wild, chimp-like yelling he did at Tam's today. We don't usually have cough drops around, but Ann had some left-overs from her last bout so Josh gave him one at bedtime. I'm pretty sure it's the first time he's ever one.

Joshy whispering from inside his room: "Dad? Daaad?"

Josh: "What is it, bud?"

Joshy: "You didn't know it, but there was CANDY in that cough drop. It tasted very good to me."

Josh: "Do you need another drink, son?"

Joshy: "What did you say? Do I need another cough drop?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A conversation from a couple of weeks ago:

Me: "Oooh, coffee! It's done. I need some."

Emmy: "Mama? May I pwease hab some supitoot?"

Me: "Eh?"

Emmy: "Pwease may I hab some supitoot? SUP-EEE-TOOT?

Me: "Supitoot. Hmm. I'm sorry, love, I have no idea what you're saying."

Emmy: "SUP-EEEEEEE-TOOT. To dwink. In my cup?"

At this point I finally figured out that she was referring to Roma. My coffee substitute. SUB-STI-TUTE. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the lack of photos. I'm tired. And lazy.

1 comment:

Blog Archive