Saturday, June 04, 2005

A bit of jabber

Ok, time to write something; my blog has become a photo album.

I was talking to Tam tonight and we got onto the subject of raising kids. Every day I'm reminded that my children are the biggest sanctifying influence in my life. Watching my son sin is like having somebody hold a mirror up to my face so I can see just how hideous I really am. If you're a parent or even just a people watcher, you know what I'm talking about. It's so difficult to be consistent and you can see their hypocrite radar blaring! I take comfort in knowing that the Lord is holy in all His ways, and righteous in all of His works. He's given these children to me to raise for His glory. I hope I'm up to the challenge.

Today was nuts. John H. came over to tear down the concrete steps (both front and back) in preparation for the new porch and deck. It was early morning. He brought a jack-hammer and his 4 kids. Add that to the mix of the usual Saturday scurrying and Sarah, Larry, Jen and the boys being over...need I say more? It goes without saying that a wild time was had by all. The weather was hot and humid and I noticed that the children were melting into sticky puddles of whinyness, so I rolled out the pool. Yes. 8 inches of breath-taking, scream inducing, fight fodder - frigid water. :) I was so proud that my boy didn't let anything loose in the pool! I'm sure everybody thought I was out there playing life-guard or referee, but I was actually there for one purpose. "Joshy do you need to go potty? Tell Momma when you have to go, okay? We never, NEVER, go in the water, right?

Anyway, we had fun and still managed to get everything done on time, so it was a good day. I'm off to bed now. Have a great Lord's Day my people!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I forgot to tell you. Sad, sad news. My camera is broken! Woe. Here goes another 6 weeks without photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, you have simply the coolest blog, Manda, with all your pics! Great photographer you are, but you didn't need me to tell you that! :) Sorry to hear about your camera! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's wrong with peeing in the pool? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pee is not nice, but it wasn't my chief concern. :>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last friday at the Central park zoo, we saw the polar bear exhibit. It was pretty cool and eye-opening: all was well until he jumped in the water and let the brown cloud rip! You don't want Joshie to be like the polar bear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and thanks for the sympathy, Leah! I think I'm over the worst of the withdrawal now. The vomiting, night sweats, and fingernail sensitivity have finally subsided. If only the pelvic discomfort would ease up...bbblllllaaaaeeeech. Sorry, false alarm. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive