Thursday, May 27, 2010

Little Bitty


Little Bitty, originally uploaded by iamaprice(Amanda).

I've been a bad blogger for the last...well, quite a while. I didn't post about my pregnancy at all. In fact, I held my breath until 37 weeks. Having a bad miscarriage will do that to you, I suppose. I am delighted to report that Elisabeth Kathleen joined our family last Saturday. She weighed in at a hefty 6lbs 14oz and was born after 14 1/2 hours of labor. Thankfully, I had no pain until the last 40 minutes. The boredom of laboring for seemingly forever was much worse than the actual pain of birth. I realize this implicates me as an impatient person. Eheh. Guilty.

This was my first home birth and it was lovely. Freedom to move, no I.V.s or EFMs, no strangers continually coming and going. Just peace and quiet and I got to sleep in my own bed to boot. Bliss! The Aunties took my kids to our dear friend's house (thanks Ang) for the daytime part of it, and Josh brought them home shortly after Elisabeth's arrival in the afternoon. They're all in love with her and have adjusted very well.

A virus completely wiped out our computer last week so I have to use Ann's laptop. In other words, the long run of bad blogging isn't over yet. If I manage to get any good photos I'll try to post them, but don't hold your breath. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive