Monday, February 02, 2009

My kids roll me

Emmy has requested her own bible for her upcoming fourth birthday. This morning's conversation:

Emmy: "We couldn't just go get a Bible from the store. They probly don't just sell God's Word like that."

Me: "Actually, they do. Isn't that nice?"

Emmy: "Ya, it is. I'm not sure if it's worth much cents."

Me: "Well, did you know that God's Word is priceless? It's worth more than all of the money in the whole world!"

Emmy: "Oh dear."

...
...

Emmy: "I know! Maybe you could talk to the cashier lady about it. You could tell her, "I need this Bible for my Sweetie for her birthday. Would you take this much cents for it?" Maybe that would work out!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My friend Rachel came to town on Saturday. We had a lovely visit and she's just as sweet and beautiful as ever. I was sharing with her something Joshy had told me and it reminded me that I hadn't typed it out here yet.

Joshy: "Mama, I have a great idea!"

Me: "What's that, Bud?"

Joshy: "You could make a machine that hooks onto the back of a tractor, maybe with a hitch or bar or something. It could be a machine that goes over the rows of grass that's cut down and it could suuuck up the piles and then roll them up inside and then have this thing in there that could tie the string around the hay and then shoot it out the back."

Me: *blink, blink* "Umm, Bud? You just described a bailer. I'll show you pictures of that."

I wish I knew how to weld. I think I've got an inventor on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive