Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"Mama, please may I towl you someseen?"

Every night Emmy is the last one out. She's the thirsty one, the "Mama, my back is itchy" one, the "Mama, my button came undone again! Could you please do it up for me? I need you to do it up for me" one.

She drives me crazy.

In effort to enjoy my children more, I've begun giving each of them a few minutes right before bed to share whatever is on their minds. Last night, Emmy shared that she knew monsters aren't reeeallly real, but that she's still a tiny bit afraid of them...and jellyfish. And that she has a hard time not playing with the soap in the bathroom because it feels so gooey and bubbly. And that she reeeeeeeaaallly really thinks that mini chocolate bars would be a good treat for working hard at her letters, numbers, shapes, and reading. She's on lesson 11 in the 100 easy lessons book. This is big stuff.

No comments:

Blog Archive