Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Oh look! Words.

It seems that spring has arrived here at last, or at least I hope so! It's been sunny and in the 50's for a couple of days so Josh and I are getting our spring cleaning done. If you were to walk into our house right now, you'd think we were moving with totes everywhere, bare windows, and the general upheaval that you get when you fail to work systematically from one end of the house to the other. Throw in a couple of curious kids and it becomes a game of one step forward, two steps back. :)
For those of you who still frequent this neglected blog, I thank you! These last few weeks or maybe months, I've almost had to force myself to get the camera out. There is something crushing that comes with the realization of your utter mediocrity. Flowers and waterdrops are all very well, but at the end of the day I really want to capture people being themselves in a natural, fun, and beautiful way. In seeking for knowledge and inspiration, I've come across so many great photographers that have that illusive... something which I would love to see in my stuff. I hope I can better arise to the challenge now that the gloom of winter has toddled off.
I wanted to write more but Emmy is waking up from her nap so I'll have to cut my break short.

4 comments:

  1. Hey sis, good to see you posting! I miss hearing from you.

    You know what? Don't be so hard on yourself. Photography is like any other kind of art, it takes practice and a long time to "perfect". You've got the eye for it, Manda-- no doubt about it. Just keep at it ;) You're doing an awesome job. And I'm sure as time goes on, you'll become more and more pleased with the results of your efforts!

    Take care you. :) Say to Josh for me, and give your babies kisses from me ;)

    Love,
    ~~Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, a post. :D Yeah, I'm contemplating my spring cleaning, just gotta get organized and with it. :)

    I second Rene's comments on the photos, just keep going. :D Hope the rest of the cleaning goes well and nice to hear from yah. Give the kids a kiss and hug from Auntie Jody (or is it still uncle? ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement, girls. I had fun snapping away this afternoon without the slightest thought to the technical stuff. It was refreshing.

    I'm *still* not done cleaning, but I put another big dent in it while the kids were taking a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As, well, Manders, you can develope your own ILLUSIVE SOMETHING that noboday else seems to have. If artists all took the same kinds of pictures, that would be boring.......but to have your own trait, that's what sets YOU aside from all others. And I do believe you have what it takes to do JUST THAT, gal!:D Make'em your own:D Love, Kris:X:X:X:X:X

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive