Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's so hard to believe it's been a whole year since Dad died. Here he and Mom are with some of our church family down in Southern California last December. I'm so thankful that we had the opportunity to visit him there, though the time was much too short and there was just too much going on. How I wish I could have said good-bye like I wanted to; like I might never see him again, but we were all trying to be strong and remain hopeful for his sake. Today was both happy and sad for me. When I think of how full of joy he is now to be with his Saviour, no longer tired and suffering, I am filled with peace and gladness. But the ache is still there too. Posted by Picasa


Thank-you for taking this, Sheryllyn.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the picture Manda, haven't seen that one before. >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when Shawn first met you all what a great guy your dad was. Someone who really cared about what his daughters were up to as well as a testimony to the pastoral care of the Lord Jesus Christ. What a great man the church of Christ lost!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive